Over the 2017-2021 period Snam will invest 5 billion euro, thus enhancing the security, flexibility and liquidity of the overall gas system.
Compressed Natural Gas
Out of 4.7 billion invested in Italy, 150 million will be destinated to the development of CNG (compressed natural gas). Snam will support the roll-out of 300 CNG filling stations throughout Italy. CNG is a prime technology for sustainable mobility as, compared to diesel, it reduces CO2 emissions by 40% and reduces PM10 particles, the main cause of air pollution, by approximately 90%, with limited infrastructure requirements. Italy is also one of world’s best candidates for CNG development.More about Compressed Natural Gas (Cng)
Demerger of Italgas and Snam
- TRANSPORTATION AND DISPATCHING
Two businesses with distinct characteristics
The demerger process of Snam and Italgas was completed on November 7 2016, with the listing of the latter. Gas distribution activities in Italy - a sector that Italgas is active in with its subsidiaries and associates - were separated from the transport and dispatch activities, LNG, and gas storage in Italy as well as abroad.
The transaction has taken into consideration that the business profile of urban gas distribution is substantially different from other activities in which Snam is involved in terms of operational organisation, competitive environment, regulation, investment needs.
Strengthening European leadership in transport storage & LNG
- Focus on domestic and international organic growth strategy
- Additional flexibility to support investments
- Further strengthening Snam’s sound balance sheet preserving current credit rating
- Retention of a strategic minority stake in Italgas to capture future value
- Stable RAB and enhanced financial flexibility
- Sustainable growth of shareholders remuneration
Driving Italian market consolidation
- Increased management focus on tender process
- Efficient use of balance sheet to exploit growth potential
- Direct access to capital markets
- Solid investment grade rating expected in line with Snam
- Significant growth opportunities in the core business
- Attractive shareholders remuneration
SNAM: GROWTH DRIVES
SSnam pursues a sustainable model of growth, in order to create value through these main strategic drivers: selective portfolio management, operational and financial efficiency, new services asset-light, attractive returns.
Integration of the continental networks is a key-element in the development perspectives of the Company. In this regard, Snam signed strategic partnerships with the biggest operators in the sector along the main continental energy corridors, becoming one of Europe’s leading gas infrastructure operator.MORE ABOUT INTERNATIONAL STRATEGY
24 August 2017 - 15:39 CEST