Students of the "Ecole des Mines de Paris" visiting the Dispatching Centre of San Donato Milanese
A large group of engineering students from the "Ecole des Mines de Paris" and foreign students from the "Stratégies Energétiques" Master program visited the Dispatching Centre. During the visit, the management activities of the national gas pipelines network were illustrated together with the ways of monitoring and constantly adapting, for the purpose of making available the necessary gas quantities at any time and at any point along the network, the gas transportation system. Particular attention was given to the organisation of the Dispatching Centre, manned 24 hours a day by expert personnel, and to the technologies used for remote control operations. The "Ecole des Mines" is a prominent higher training institute founded in 1778 in France by King Louis XVI for the study of mineralogy and metallurgy. Today the institute has become a point of reference for the study of civil engineering and energy.
05 August 2016 - 16:35 CEST