With reference to Snam activities in Italy, the main risks managed by the Company are detailed below:
Regulatory and legislative risk. Definition and updating of a regulatory framework in Italy and in the countries of interest that presents penalising parameters, in particular with regard to criteria for determining tariffs; significant change in regulations and/or case law.
Macroeconomic and geo-political risk. Risks associated with political, social and economic instability in natural gas supplier countries
Risks related to climate change. Reinforcement of the regulatory framework for greenhouse gas emissions; Change of scenarios with impact on the demand for natural gas and transported volumes; increase in the severity of extreme atmospheric phenomena, with impacts on continuity and quality of service; negative perception of the companies that operate in the fossil fuel sector by public opinion.
- Possible violation of rules and regulations, with particular reference to Legislative Decree 231/2001 which provides for the company's liability for malfeasances committed by management or by third parties in relation to certain cases (corruption, fraud, health and safety of workers, environment);
- maintaining an adequate reputational profile for suppliers and subcontractors;
- non-alignment of corporate governance and/or the internal control and risk system with regulations and/or best practices.
- Retaining gas storage concessions;
- delay to the progress of programmes involving the construction of large transportation and storage infrastructure;
- breakages or damages to pipelines/ installations also upon exogenous events, which can cause malfunction and unexpected service interruption;
- computer threats (Cybersecurity)
- Medium- and long-term debt rating downgrade;
- changes in the interest rate; exchange rate changes;
- inability to raise new funds (funding liquidity risk) or to liquidate assets on the market;
For every risk, Snam carries out an assessment of the operational impacts (industrial/business, economic, assets) and the specialist impacts (financial, legal, HSE, reputational and market) related to it and opportunities are identified that allow the associated impacts to be adequately managed.
27 August 2020 - 18:41 CEST