Snam: reasons for investments
Snam: a strong company with a unique proposition
- A European leader in energy infrastructure. Snam is the largest in Europe in terms of the size of its transmission network (over 41,000 km, including international assets) and in terms of natural gas storage capacity (around 20 billion cubic metres, including international assets) and is one of the largest continental operators in regasification with a total pro quota regasification capacity of around 8.5 bcm annually.
- Disciplined capital deployment approach based on financial efficiency and prudent balance sheet management. Snam has a plan to invest €7.4 bn in the period 2020-2024 (ca+1€ bn vs 2019-23 Plan). In particular, 6.7 bn of investments in regulated energy infrastructure, focused on hydrogen ready replacements, digitalisation, decarbonisation and Sardinia; 0.7 bn in the new activities of the energy transition.
- The company sustainable and technologically advanced network guarantees security of supply while also contributing to promote the energy transition. Snam is a point of reference for the integration of in the Italian energy mix of biomethane and hydrogen, sources of clean and versatile energy which promote the existing transportation and storage infrastructures.
- Excellence in project execution. Proven capabilities in project planning, management and construction. Impressive track record in delivering on time and on budget every year.
- Not only a domestic player. Through its associates Snam operates in Albania (AGSCo), Austria (TAG, GCA), China (Snam Gas & Energy Services Beijing), France (Teréga), Greece (DESFA) and the United Kingdom (Interconnector UK). Snam is also one of the main shareholders of TAP (Trans Adriatic Pipeline), the final section of the Southern Energy Corridor. In the course of 2020 Snam further strengthened its position as leader in energy infrastructures at an international level, thanks to the acquisition of the stake in ADNOC Gas Pipelines
- Operating in regulated businesses it provides its shareholders with long-term visibility on results and a low risk profile (92% of Snam’s FY20 revenues derive from activities regulated). It was developed over time high quality relationship and constructive dialogue with Regulatory Bodies.
- Snam's business model is based on sustainable growth, transparency, the promotion of talents and diversity and the social development of local areas also through the initiatives of Fondazione Snam.
DIVIDEND PER SHARE (€ cent - for the period)
07 April 2021 - 16:36 CEST