Odorization - Safe use of natural gas
Accordingly to the Ministry Decree 18th May 2018 "Aggiornamento della regola tecnica sulle caratteristiche chimico-fisiche e sulla presenza di altri componenti nel gas combustibile da convogliare" (the “Decree”), in the case of final customers directly connected to the natural gas transport grid (the “Final Customers”) who are consuming, also partly, natural gas with domestic or similar utilization, even if combined with technological utilization, the burden of guaranteeing such utilization of gas in a safe manner, according to the provisions of the D.lgs n.81/2008 and f.m.i on the safeguard of health and safety at the workplace, owns to the employer who can ask the support of the TSO who will odorize the whole amount of redelivered natural gas according to its technical solutions and legal conditions. The Final Customer is free of not accepting such conditions ; in such a case he will guarantee on its own a safe utilization of natural gas according to the provisions of the Decree. The Decree has been issued in the Official Journal n.129 of 6th June 2018, and entered into force the following day.
According to the provisions of the Decree, the TSO:
- gathers the communications foreseen by art. 2, paragraph 5 of the Decree, related to the utilization category of the redelivered gas to the Final Customers;
- gathers the declarations foreseen by the art. 2, paragraph 5 of the Decree regarding the safe utilization of redelivered natural gas;
- supports, according to art.2, paragraph 3 of the Decree, the Final Customer-whereas applicable– in the activities related to the odorization of redelivered natural gas, agreeing the conditions with the Final Customers whose gas is already odorized at the date of entering into force of the Decree;
- re-opens the Redelivery Points only after having received the communications/declarations foreseen by the Decree;
- guarantees compliance to the Decree in case of new connections, according to art.2, paragraph 4 of the Decree giving support, when requested, to the connection applicant;
- manages the modifications and transfers with reference to communications and declarations already delivered to the TSO;
- transmits to the Ministry the information foreseen by art.2, paragraph 8 of the Decree.
Concerning the aforementioned activities the TSO:
- cut-off the redelivery point in case the Final Customer do not deliver in time the communications/declarations to the TSO;
- refuses the re-opening request of a Redelivery Point without such declarations.
In attachment the Ministry Decree and a note describing in detail the aforementioned activities.
In the following the forms necessary for fullfilling the communication requirements of the Decree are made available. The forms must be sent by e-mail to the following PEC address email@example.com or, only for the new connection contracts, to the PEC address firstname.lastname@example.org.
All the forms will be made available as soon as possible. For further information please make reference to the contacts shown in the following.
1. COMMUNICATION FORESEEN BY ART. 2 PARAGRAPH 5 OF THE DECREE
(DEADLINE 6TH AUGUST 2018)
2. DECLARATION FORESEEN BY ART.2 PAR. 5 OF THE DECREE
(DEADLINE 7TH DECEMBER 2018)
|Declaration of safe utilization of gas – ITALIAN VERSION|
|Declaration of safe utilization of gas (Employer different from owner of the plant or plurality of employers) – ITALIAN VERSION|
3. REQUEST OF SUPPORT TO THE TSO
A- Non odorized Redelivery Points
B- Odorized redelivery points
4. REQUEST FOR OPENING AND RE-OPENING OF REDELIVERY POINTS (CLOSED OR NEW REDELIVERY POINTS)
5. NEW CONNECTIONS (REQUESTS FROM 6TH JUNE 2018 ON)
6. MODIFICATIONS – TRANSFERS
For the already existent redelivery points
it’s possible to contact the Ufficio Misura
Tel. 02 370 37242 – 02 370 39246 – 02 370 39240 e.mail: email@example.com
For the new connections
it is possible to contact the Ufficio Contratti di Allacciamento
Tel. 02 370 39191 – e. mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
and also the references indicated in the connection contract or in SNAM website part dedicated to the new connections.
22 November 2019 - 12:20 CET